Mixed-up Mother Goose CD's original requirements:
MS-DOS 5.0 or Windows 3.0 or greater
386 or better
2 MB RAM
19 MB Hard drive space
Sound Card W7DAC Pro Aud Spectum, SoundBlaster, Sound Source, Thunderboard or MT-32/LAPC-1/CM-32L
Audio problems are common in the later Sierra DOS SCI games. There's no single fix for all these games. You can try the Windows version, if running on 32-bit Windows.
Unable to initialize your audio hardware
This error is usually timer related. It occurs with the Mixed-up Mother Goose CD when the game is not properly setup. The SoundBlaster driver is different than that from most other Sierra games. The GOSiERRA patcher does not recognize this driver. This seems to be more of an IRQ error.
Solution 1 (preferred):
- Mount your game folder as the "C" drive and your CD as "D" in DOSBox
- Insert the Mixed-up Mother Goose CD disc in your CD drive.
- Change to that drive (type "d:" and hit Enter)
- Type install and follow the installer through.
- At the audio play-back selection choose CMS Sound Blaster IRQ?
- Choose IRQ7 and 220H.
- At the hard drive selection, type "c"
To play the game, go to the created SIERRA folder and start "MGCD.BAT" in DOSBox.
Note: even the Windows version can be played in DOSBox if you install Windows 3x in it, first.
You can help keep The Sierra Help Pages alive by helping to defray some of the costs of hosting this site. If it has been of help to you, please consider contributing to help keep it online.Thank you.
© 2006 to present The Sierra Help Pages. All rights reserved. All Sierra games, artwork and music © Sierra.