EVA Pod in SQ5

In Space No One Can Hear You Clean, er, Scream. But if you post in this forum about Space Quest - someone's sure to hear you. I think. Try it, anyway!
tassieboy
Sierra Fan

EVA Pod in SQ5

Post by tassieboy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:50 am

I'm playing through Space Quest 5 for the first time and the EVA pod is annoying the hell out of me.

I get the target in range. I extend the arm. Fine so far.

Getting the claw to open is a real challenge. As I move the mouse cursor around I occasionally get a cursor that says CLAW. IT seems pretty much random where this will appear and where it won't. When I click the CLAW cursor, it usually retracts the arm but very occasionally opens the claw.

Apparently (according to Universal Hint System) Once I have target in range, I'm supposed to open the claw and then just close it again. The one occasion I did manage to get the claw open, I clicked again, the claw closed, the arm retracted, but with no Cliffy.

What a frustrating control system!

I find myself continually clicking, yelling at the computer, until my oxygen runs out.

Is it meant to be this hard?
Adam David Collings - Sci-Fi Author. (Jewel of The Stars)
www.AdamDavidCollings.com

Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: EVA Pod in SQ5

Post by Collector » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:31 am

You did use the installer from here, didn't you? It includes the EVA pod fix.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

tassieboy
Sierra Fan

Re: EVA Pod in SQ5

Post by tassieboy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:04 pm

I managed to get through it in the end. The walk through on this site made me realise that clicking on the thumb would work.

I didn't use the installer from here, I got the game from GOG. I've had a closer look at your installers page and have a better idea of what your installers do. I will have to download and make use of them.
thanks.
Adam David Collings - Sci-Fi Author. (Jewel of The Stars)
www.AdamDavidCollings.com