CoC missing points

Feel like your conquest has you questing in circles? This is for the Cristy Marx games, Conquests of Camelot: The Search for the Grail and Conquests of the Longbow: The Legend of Robin Hood. You can ask for help with these games here! (Beware of the rabbit... it's got fangs!)

CoC missing points

Postby Rakeesh » Tue May 20, 2014 4:25 am

I've played and finished CoC many times, and I am always glad to try new things. I always discover new things hidden by Marx for us. Although I haven't been a hunter of points, lately I tried to follow the points list in SHP in order to discover more secrets

I followed the list to the letter, I played in hard dificulty and I avoided being hit during battles. However when I finished the game, I found myself lacking about 5 skill points and have 1 wisdom point more than the top. I know that you are penaltied with skill points when you are hit during battles, but I tried to be as careful as possible.

So it seems that either the point list is mistaken, or the game has some bugs. Or some hits escaped me.

I've read somewhere that there are some actions that give you more skill points, not mentioned in the hintbook, and some guys managed to get full score. Perhaps a discrepancy between the hintbook writers and the game design that failed to be included in the finished product(s). Is anybody aware of this issue?
Rakeesh
Sierra Obsessed

Re: CoC missing points

Postby Rudy » Tue May 20, 2014 4:57 am

I've put together a point list using the hint book and various walkthroughs. Even though the game's total skill points is supposedly 368, the hint book states that the max total skill points is only 362. I nonetheless managed to obtain 367. The max wisdom points I achieved is 294, 1 more than the game's 293. My max soul points is 358, same as the game's max.

http://sierrachest.com/index.php?a=g&id=140&fld=w&cid=1&pid=9
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
Rudy
Village Elder

Postby Rakeesh » Tue May 20, 2014 7:26 am

Very nice work Rudy! But do you happen to have handy in your mind which actions offer those extra skill points?

(So that I don't have to compare the two lists line-by-iine)
Rakeesh
Sierra Obsessed

Postby Rudy » Tue May 20, 2014 2:25 pm

You can see in the right column which action provides how many skill points. You played it, so see if there is any action that you may have missed and which is worth the number of missing skill points. Keep in mind however that it may also be a combination of multiple actions that lead up to the total missing points.
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
Rudy
Village Elder

Postby Rakeesh » Tue May 20, 2014 3:56 pm

OK, IIRC I was missing 5 skill points. The only action in your list I didn't do this last time was buying the fake Grail from Ismail, and it gives exactly 5 skill points. I had discovered this before, but I didn't do it this time, as it was not in the list I was following.

I suggest you check it, and add a special note about this action, that it's not mentioned in the hint book.

And I was not aware it awarded skill points. Actually I find it surprising as it is something trying to fool you (earlier, you have a penalty if you get fooled and pay Yasser) so you should be subtracted points instead of rewarded :)

All in all, a very strange case

Are you aware of any other Sierra hint books that don't display the points correctly?

PS1. A feature I didn't know before, and I find it very strange/silly is that you must pay the gods both 1 silver AND 1 gold coin. I thought that a silver gives fiewer points, and you should give gold instead of a silver to have full score
PS2. I was too lazy to find the exact action that gives you the one + wisdom point.
Rakeesh
Sierra Obsessed

Postby Tawmis » Tue May 27, 2014 2:19 am

I don't think I have ever gotten all the points in EITHER of the Conquest games...
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Return to The Conquests Games