There and back again; a Neverending Tale. Neverending Nights

Talk about anything you want here
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: There and back again; a Neverending Tale. Neverending Ni

Post by Tawmis » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:20 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote:Short but sweet. I like it. :)
I like Peter's mispronouncing "Duergar" as "DROO-gar." ;) Also Grayson's repeated conviction that he can get them out of the cave... followed by silence. (Right, Grayson). ;)
Intriguing map. I'm not surprised that the "dragon" tells them to stay away from the duergar and driders. Those things are bad news when you're as low-level as Peter and Grayson are.
Also... what? :shock: So the dragon isn't a dragon? So who is he? Looks like a cleric or mage of some kind? But - wait...... usually only rangers can transform into animals. So is he a ranger?
Anyway, I like it. Thanks! :) Bring on the next one...... ;)
You got Peter and Grayson reversed :lol:

The blue and white map look is a reference to old D&D maps from 1st and 2nd Edition modules. (It's explained in the Easter Eggs portion of the site; because even the skulls on the map are an Easter Egg). For example, the classic Keep on the Borderlands module had a map that looked like this. So I thought it'd be fun to make a map that was a "harken" back to the days of old. (There's a site that can auto-generate random dungeons that I used to generate the map; and I've used for some dungeons for my own campaign!)

As for the mention of Driders and Duergar - you know there's a reason they're specifically mentioned on the map. We know that Pawl the Dorf ran into the Duergar...

As for the Dragon, he is indeed, still a dragon. It's simply a polymorph spell to assume human guise, and travel more easily among cities and what not, while keeping an eye on Peter and Grayson. The real questions is - what is this dragon's interest IN Peter and Grayson? Why care about them at all? :)

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:19 am

Hmmm... maybe he decided that they need someone to watch over them, and having been stuck in the cave for so long, he decides to have an adventure of his own? ;)

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:32 am

Is it finished, then? Awwww, I'll miss Peter and Grayson. Yibbida yibbida, that's all folks? :(

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:37 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote:Is it finished, then? Awwww, I'll miss Peter and Grayson. Yibbida yibbida, that's all folks? :(
No. Not over. Just an overly long, drawn out fight with the host provider. Will continue after this holiday weekend, now that the fight's settled.

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:58 am

Hmm... was the holiday weekend Thanksgiving? Or did you mean Christmas? *puzzled*

We don't have Thanksgiving here in the wonderful land of Oz (nor any wizards, either). ;)

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:53 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote:Hmm... was the holiday weekend Thanksgiving? Or did you mean Christmas? *puzzled*

We don't have Thanksgiving here in the wonderful land of Oz (nor any wizards, either). ;)
Hah. Yes. Thanksgiving. Because we had Thurs & Friday off of work, but booked with plans.

So hoping to get a new episode done this weekend. :)

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:46 pm

Freaking-A. Finally at long last...
Episode 25: The New Recruits.
This episode focuses on Andrea the Assassin and Daniel the Destructive as they continue their pursuit of Peter the Ranger and Grayson the Fighter - along the way, the deadly duo recruits some new members to their cause.

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:39 am

Intriguing that Andrea wants to coerce the goblins to serve them. Props to her for not just slaughtering them out of hand, I guess - like every RPG game ever forces you to do (with very, VERY few exceptions).

Was Daniel quoting joke punchlines? "Poker? I never even met 'er" and so on? ;)

:lol: These goblins are sassy. Too bad for them that they don't know who they're dealing with.

Poor goblins... :( "My spleen! Has anyone seen my spleen?" But I don't get it - did Daniel actually summon a stone golem to kill them, or...? Because at the end of that sequence, there are exactly as many goblins as there were before.

LOL @ goblins wanting more money. That's right - they're minor characters, not supporting cast.

What Union are they talking about, again? *scratches head*

A fun episode, as usual. :) I notice that the closing music is different this time. Is this something that will keep happening?

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:02 pm

I loved doing this episode; because rarely do you ever get to see things from the villain's perspective. It's "The villain shows up, the heroes defeat the villain!"

With Neverending Nights, I wanted to give the villains some spot light time...
Rath Darkblade wrote: Intriguing that Andrea wants to coerce the goblins to serve them. Props to her for not just slaughtering them out of hand, I guess - like every RPG game ever forces you to do (with very, VERY few exceptions).
It's true! RPGs always make you kill goblins... but our show, I wanted to show that even the goblins have personalities...!
Rath Darkblade wrote: Was Daniel quoting joke punchlines? "Poker? I never even met 'er" and so on? ;)
Yes. We told Mario (the voice actor) to just ramble things off - I took some of the better things and used them to show he's just non stop talking, like when he first met Andrea.
Rath Darkblade wrote: :lol: These goblins are sassy. Too bad for them that they don't know who they're dealing with.
They will learn quickly!
Rath Darkblade wrote: Poor goblins... :( "My spleen! Has anyone seen my spleen?" But I don't get it - did Daniel actually summon a stone golem to kill them, or...? Because at the end of that sequence, there are exactly as many goblins as there were before.
These were goblins on the dance floor - that can be seen in some scenes, to the side of the main goblins.

And he did summon it - but he didn't expect his magic to actually work.
Rath Darkblade wrote: LOL @ goblins wanting more money. That's right - they're minor characters, not supporting cast.
What Union are they talking about, again? *scratches head*
A worker's union - that's... Here. Explaining a worker's union.
Rath Darkblade wrote: A fun episode, as usual. :) I notice that the closing music is different this time. Is this something that will keep happening?
The ending music in this episode was because it was a "villain" episode; so Travis who made the music for Season 2 and onward, had made a theme specifically for Andrea. So I wanted the episode to end with a darker, more somber tone, which is Andrea's theme.

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:22 am

Tawmis wrote:
Rath Darkblade wrote:LOL @ goblins wanting more money. That's right - they're minor characters, not supporting cast. What Union are they talking about, again? *scratches head*
A worker's union - that's... Here. Explaining a worker's union.
Thanks for the link, but... er... I know what a Union is. ;) I was just wondering what union the goblins belong to, because their squeaky ultra-high voices make them a little hard to understand.
Tawmis wrote:
Rath Darkblade wrote: A fun episode, as usual. :) I notice that the closing music is different this time. Is this something that will keep happening?
The ending music in this episode was because it was a "villain" episode; so Travis who made the music for Season 2 and onward, had made a theme specifically for Andrea. So I wanted the episode to end with a darker, more somber tone, which is Andrea's theme.
OK... hmm. It's too bad that Andrea (and presumably Daniel) are to be the 'villains' in this piece. I thought that when they catch up with Peter and Grayson - after the usual hilarious shenanigans and misunderstandings - they might, perhaps, even join forces. That would give P&G a realistic chance of actually succeeding in their quest! :twisted:

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:34 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote: Thanks for the link, but... er... I know what a Union is. ;) I was just wondering what union the goblins belong to, because their squeaky ultra-high voices make them a little hard to understand.
OooOoooo. It's supposed to be like an Actor's Union. Because the goblins frequently break the 4th Wall.
Rath Darkblade wrote:
Tawmis wrote:
OK... hmm. It's too bad that Andrea (and presumably Daniel) are to be the 'villains' in this piece. I thought that when they catch up with Peter and Grayson - after the usual hilarious shenanigans and misunderstandings - they might, perhaps, even join forces. That would give P&G a realistic chance of actually succeeding in their quest! :twisted:
Well, every hero needs a villain; and a hero is only as good as their villain is evil. So naturally, P&G needed villains. But, they don't know they have villains... so that's probably going to lead to something in the very near future... and as for P&G teaming up with A&D... well, time will tell. :)

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:47 am

Hmm. The only reason that I suggest that P&G would team up with A&D is because A is the daughter of a female demon (I think)??? Definitely someone not to be messed with, at any rate. So if this entity is the ultimate villainness, then P&G will need all the support they can get! :)

Let's see how this pans out. I'm just conjecturing at the moment... ;)

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:44 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote:Hmm. The only reason that I suggest that P&G would team up with A&D is because A is the daughter of a female demon (I think)??? Definitely someone not to be messed with, at any rate. So if this entity is the ultimate villainness, then P&G will need all the support they can get! :)
Let's see how this pans out. I'm just conjecturing at the moment... ;)
Heh... Andrea's true origin will be revealed before Season 2 ends (which we're currently on; Season 2 ends with Episode 42, so there's plenty of time still left as I build her up!)... And there's more to her "Mother"... Most definitely more... the truth about her is also revealed by the end of Season 2. :)

Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:11 pm

When do they take on Negan?
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:56 am

Collector wrote:When do they take on Negan?
I think him and Lucille would be a tad too violent for our wanna be heroes. :)