The Tawmis Coloring Book (formerly "Coloring Ka-Zar")

Talk about anything you want here
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: The Tawmis Coloring Book (formerly "Coloring Ka-Zar")

Post by Tawmis » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:13 am

Coloring Beta Ray Bill...

To....

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:21 pm

Y... okay. Looking good.... is that supposed to be Thor? I never knew Thor's face looked like a dog's. ;)

(BTW, only movies, comic books and Wagner operas have winged helmets. :P No self-respecting Viking ever wore anything like this - or horned helmets, either!) :P

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:57 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:21 pm
Y... okay. Looking good.... is that supposed to be Thor? I never knew Thor's face looked like a dog's. ;)
(BTW, only movies, comic books and Wagner operas have winged helmets. :P No self-respecting Viking ever wore anything like this - or horned helmets, either!) :P
Close. Even though the post says "Coloring Beta Ray Bill..."

Long story short (too late!) Beta Ray Bill was an alien in search of a way to save his people (Korbinites). Came across Thor and knew his hammer would be just what he needed. Odin decided that he would let a combat happen to see who would get the hammer - and rather than surrender the hammer of Thor to Beta Ray Bill, Odin had a new hammer created - Stormbreaker - which you might have remembered from the Thor: Ragnarok movie.

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:06 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:21 pm
And D&D...

From Deities & Demigods... 2nd Edition. Here's Thor, Odin and Loki...

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:39 pm

Ah, okay. I had no idea who Beta Ray Bill is, that's all, but I didn't want to leave this post without telling you what an awesome job you've done with colouring him. :)

As for horned/winged helmets - whoops, forgot that old-school D&D have them too! ;)

By the way, as for that picture of Loki - why is Thor in the river, rather than on his goat-driven chariot? With that, he could smack Loki senseless. :P Also, it looks like Loki has a tail.... and isn't wearing any pants (or underpants, even)... :shock: :P

(I mean, I know he's a trickster god, but come on - mooning Thor is a really mean prank). :P

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:23 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:39 pm
Ah, okay. I had no idea who Beta Ray Bill is, that's all, but I didn't want to leave this post without telling you what an awesome job you've done with colouring him. :)
Heh, thank you! To be honest it's very easy to miss the text when there's two large images.
Rath Darkblade wrote:
As for horned/winged helmets - whoops, forgot that old-school D&D have them too! ;)
That picture of Odin has been my mental image of Odin ever since.
Rath Darkblade wrote:
By the way, as for that picture of Loki - why is Thor in the river, rather than on his goat-driven chariot? With that, he could smack Loki senseless. :P Also, it looks like Loki has a tail.... and isn't wearing any pants (or underpants, even)... :shock: :P
(I mean, I know he's a trickster god, but come on - mooning Thor is a really mean prank). :P
My assumption is, that Loki could run across the lake - and Thor had been chasing him and lacked the ability to run on water. So it's Thor after he's fallen into the lake and Loki just running away happily.
(And he's not mooning Thor... he does have pants on) :)

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:04 pm

Some more... Guardian/Vindicator from Alpha Flight...

to...

Fantastic Four...

to...