Disney Characters Drawn.

Talk about anything you want here
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 13267
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Disney Characters Drawn.

Post by Tawmis » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:46 pm

Can you name they all based off the images? Some are OBVIOUS - some, not so much...
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg

User avatar
Collector
Grand Poobah
Posts: 11555
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:57 am
Location: Sierraland
Contact:

Re: Disney Characters Drawn.

Post by Collector » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:24 pm

The sexualization of Disney.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Image

User avatar
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
Posts: 6018
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Disney Characters Drawn.

Post by Rath Darkblade » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:26 pm

Collector wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:24 pm
The sexualization of Disney.
You mean, Disney for grown-ups? ;) Disney's been sneaking sexual images into movies for years.

As for me... I'm not big on Disney, but let's see. *cracks knuckles*

#3 is Snow White.

#4 has something to do with the Lion King, but I'd never seen it so I've no idea.

#7 (blue dress with Big Ben) is - possibly - Mary Poppins???

#9 (Chinese lady in green top with dragons) is Turandot. I don't care if Disney called her Mulan. It's Turandot. :P

#14 is the Snow Queen.

#16 is the princess whose finger was pricked by a thorn, which sent the whole castle to sleep for 100 years while the thorn bushes grew around the place. :P What? It's Hans
Christian Andersen. Disney didn't invent it. :P

#17 is the Little Mermaid, of course. ;)

#18 is clearly Rapunzel. ;)

#19 is tricky, but the amphora in the background is a major clue. I know my Greek mythology very well, which is why I didn't care for or watched the Disneyfied Hercules. Possibly ... Hera?

#23 is Annie, from Annie Get Your Gun. :P Or possibly someone from "Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show with Mickey and Friends", whatever that abomination is. I wish Disney would stop Disneyfying everything, regardless of whether it makes sense or not. Grumble, moan, complain. :P ;)

#24 is Pocahontas, obviously.

#25 is Wendy from Peter Pan. ;)

These are beautiful. Well done on drawing them, Tawm! :)

User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 13267
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Disney Characters Drawn.

Post by Tawmis » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:27 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:26 pm
Collector wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:24 pm
The sexualization of Disney.
You mean, Disney for grown-ups? ;) Disney's been sneaking sexual images into movies for years.
As for me... I'm not big on Disney, but let's see. *cracks knuckles*
#3 is Snow White.
#4 has something to do with the Lion King, but I'd never seen it so I've no idea.
#7 (blue dress with Big Ben) is - possibly - Mary Poppins???
#9 (Chinese lady in green top with dragons) is Turandot. I don't care if Disney called her Mulan. It's Turandot. :P
#14 is the Snow Queen.
#16 is the princess whose finger was pricked by a thorn, which sent the whole castle to sleep for 100 years while the thorn bushes grew around the place. :P What? It's Hans
Christian Andersen. Disney didn't invent it. :P
#17 is the Little Mermaid, of course. ;)
#18 is clearly Rapunzel. ;)
#19 is tricky, but the amphora in the background is a major clue. I know my Greek mythology very well, which is why I didn't care for or watched the Disneyfied Hercules. Possibly ... Hera?
#23 is Annie, from Annie Get Your Gun. :P Or possibly someone from "Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show with Mickey and Friends", whatever that abomination is. I wish Disney would stop Disneyfying everything, regardless of whether it makes sense or not. Grumble, moan, complain. :P ;)
#24 is Pocahontas, obviously.
#25 is Wendy from Peter Pan. ;)
These are beautiful. Well done on drawing them, Tawm! :)
Hah! I wish I had drawn them. The artist signature is in the photos.

Spoilers below for who is who...

1. Lady, from Lady and the Tramp.
2. Sleeping Beauty
3. Cinderella
4. Nala, from Lion King
5. Belle, from Beauty and the Beast
6. Anna, from Frozen
7. Wendy from Peter Pan
8. Jane, from Tarzan
9. Mulan, or some people might say Turandot apparently?
10. Alice, from Alice in Wonderland
11. Moana
12. Esmeralda from Hunchback
13. Else, from Frozen
14. Jasmine, from Aladdin
15. Sleeping Beauty
16. Little Mermaid
17. Rapunzel
18. Meg, from Hercules
19. The little girl (name escapes me) from Wreck It Ralph
20. Brave
21. Kida from Atlantis: The Lost Empire
22. Jessie, from Toy Story
23. Pocahontas
24. Tinkerbell
25. Tiana, from the Princess and the Frog


Bonus one:
anastasia_by_fdasuarez_dd0boox-fullview.jpg
Which is: Anastasia

As for "sexualizing Disney characters" ... the person who shared it on Facebook was female... MOST of the comments on the original photos (thread found here) are from females who say they LOVE the art.

Literally, the only one who looks sexualized is The Little Mermaid. Who, simply looks like an adult, drawn in a bikini. She's wearing more than what you'd see at a beach in San Diego. (That is, literally Pacific Board Walk, which is about 20 minutes away from me)...

Anyway - The artist has a DeviantArt page: https://www.deviantart.com/fdasuarez/ga ... Princesses for anyone so inclined to check out the rest of their art.

User avatar
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
Posts: 6018
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Disney Characters Drawn.

Post by Rath Darkblade » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:50 am

25 is Tinkerbell? Not Wendy? Ugh. It's been way too long since I've seen anything about Peter Pan - it must have got mixed up in my head. :?

Incidentally, that moth that (in the FOTR film) Gandalf conjures while imprisoned on top of Orthanc reminded me of the way Tinkerbell looks in the Peter Pan movie... ;)

*** WARNING: RANT ***

As for Meg from the Hercules movie ... who in Hades is Meg? That's not an ancient Greek name, that's for sure. Disneyfication strikes again! :P

*looks it up* Ah, Megara - a princess of the city-state of Thebes. Her father (the king) actually gave her to Hercules as a "reward" for beating an enemy army single-handedly (or so the "charming" legend goes). :P She gave him a son and a daughter, who Hercules killed when Hera, queen of the gods and his arch-enemy, struck him down with madness. When he came out of his fit of madness, and found himself covered in blood and his wife cowering in fear, he asked what he'd done - and eventually, the terrified bystanders told him. Thus began one of the most famous legends in Greek mythology: the Twelve Labours of Hercules, which he took upon himself in order to atone for his guilt and shame. (No one ever said that Greek mythology was nice). ;)

In case you're wondering of the connection between Hera and Hercules - his name is actually Herakles, meaning "the wrath of Hera". ("Hercules" is just the Latin version). Hera was furious at Hercules, because her idiot philanderer of a husband, Zeus, cheated on her with a mortal - again - and Hercules was the result. Since Hera couldn't do anything to Zeus, she directed her wrath at poor Hercules. (Not that Hercules was a nice man, or even a good one. If he didn't write the book on the "stupid fighter with a heart of gold" cliche, at least he made one of the first copies. ;) He was constantly doing mighty deeds, whether or not they were actually necessary, and then getting drunk and either running off with the king's daughter or slaughtering the king and his court. Then he invariably became sober and said, "Oh no! Sorry! I'll make it up to you"). :P

I wonder if Disney will ever show any of that stuff. Hercules for adults. Probably not. :P

By the way, what's with the mix of Greek, Latin and English names in this film? Hercules - Latin. Hades and Zeus - Greek. Meg, Pain and Fear??? :shock: What's so difficult about Megara, Phobos and Deimos? Oh, sorry - forgot. It's friggin' Disney ... :roll:

I'm sorry about the rant. I did say Greek mythology is one of my strong points. ;)

User avatar
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder
Posts: 2828
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:46 am
Gender: Male
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Contact:

Re: Disney Characters Drawn.

Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:58 am

Only ones I didn't get were the Wreck it Ralph girl (movie was totally forgettable to me, despite video game references) and Anastasia. Fantastic artist.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001

User avatar
Datadog
Great Incinerations
Posts: 1602
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:41 am
Location: Vancouver
Gender: Martian
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:

Re: Disney Characters Drawn.

Post by Datadog » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:45 am

What if Disney Characters were drawn as realistic clothing models? I dig it. I remember seeing some of these ages ago. It's pretty cool that the artist has still been adding to these after all these years. I don't mind the "hyper-sexuality" as long as the designs are fun and creative, and details like Alice drinking a bubble tea got a chuckle out of me.

I did recognize them all, although Anastasia almost stumped me. She's only technically Disney, thanks to the Fox buy-out.
.....

User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 13267
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Disney Characters Drawn.

Post by Tawmis » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:18 pm

MusicallyInspired wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:58 am
Only ones I didn't get were the Wreck it Ralph girl (movie was totally forgettable to me, despite video game references) and Anastasia. Fantastic artist.
You didn't like Wreck It Ralph? :shock:
Datadog wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:45 am
What if Disney Characters were drawn as realistic clothing models? I dig it. I remember seeing some of these ages ago. It's pretty cool that the artist has still been adding to these after all these years. I don't mind the "hyper-sexuality" as long as the designs are fun and creative, and details like Alice drinking a bubble tea got a chuckle out of me.

I did recognize them all, although Anastasia almost stumped me. She's only technically Disney, thanks to the Fox buy-out.
The Atlantis one stumped me; title and character name wise; I had recognized WHO she was. Just couldn't remember her name or the name of the movie.

And yes, Anastasia was added as a "Bonus" because of that! :D

What I love is the subtly of some of them for clues - like sleeping beauty has the "sleeping eye pins" on her jacket, the princess and the frog has a frog belt buckle, Alice has her tattoo about we're all made here, etc., etc.

User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 13267
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Disney Characters Drawn.

Post by Tawmis » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:22 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:50 am
*** WARNING: RANT ***
As for Meg from the Hercules movie ... who in Hades is Meg? That's not an ancient Greek name, that's for sure. Disneyfication strikes again! :P
*looks it up* Ah, Megara - a princess of the city-state of Thebes.
The way I see it, it's all for entertainment. For example, all of the Marvel movies have made drastic changes to the characters and their origins (for example, Ant-Man). But to me, it was done so well - even though it's not even close to how or even why Scott Lang becomes Ant-Man. But I was so entertained, that it didn't matter to me. I liked the twist they did to make it work in the MCU.

It's only when they make a change, for change's sake, without even thinking it through. (For example, the entire X-Men movie franchise; but despite my dislike of it - there's fans out there that LOVE it). So it's all perspective and preference, I suppose. :D

User avatar
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder
Posts: 2828
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:46 am
Gender: Male
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Contact:

Re: Disney Characters Drawn.

Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:48 am

I have fond memories of Hercules. Such a great story. And the music is so great. There's so much altered in all of the Disney versions of fairy tale stories anyway so being authentic or not doesn't really enter into it for me. The original Aladdin tales are quite different, for instance. And, well, Princess And The Frog is about as far removed from the original story as you can get for a Disney fairy tale cartoon lol. And it was one of the best. I wish they'd have kept making more.
Tawmis wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:18 pm
You didn't like Wreck It Ralph? :shock:
It's not that I didn't like it....it was just ok. Didn't stand out to me at all really. Just forgettable. I haven't even seen the second one yet. Just no interest. As far as movies with video games heavily involved go, I've seen better. Or at least they could DO better. I haven't been a big fan of really any of the Disney-made CGI films (the ones that aren't Pixar....though, those have gone downhill too, save for Toy Story 3...haven't seen 4 yet).
Tawmis wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:22 pm
It's only when they make a change, for change's sake, without even thinking it through. (For example, the entire X-Men movie franchise; but despite my dislike of it - there's fans out there that LOVE it). So it's all perspective and preference, I suppose. :D
The X-Men movies are quite hit or miss. Some are great some are really really bad. I've no experience with the original comics or even the TV show though. I know that people were disappointed in Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine because he's supposed to be short, but then everyone loved him. I do too. I think he's a great Wolverine.

What did you think of Logan? How does it measure up to "Old Man Logan?"
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001

User avatar
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
Posts: 6018
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Disney Characters Drawn.

Post by Rath Darkblade » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:52 am

Tawmis wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:22 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:50 am
*** WARNING: RANT ***
As for Meg from the Hercules movie ... who in Hades is Meg? That's not an ancient Greek name, that's for sure. Disneyfication strikes again! :P
*looks it up* Ah, Megara - a princess of the city-state of Thebes.
The way I see it, it's all for entertainment. For example, all of the Marvel movies have made drastic changes to the characters and their origins (for example, Ant-Man). But to me, it was done so well - even though it's not even close to how or even why Scott Lang becomes Ant-Man. But I was so entertained, that it didn't matter to me. I liked the twist they did to make it work in the MCU.

It's only when they make a change, for change's sake, without even thinking it through. (For example, the entire X-Men movie franchise; but despite my dislike of it - there's fans out there that LOVE it). So it's all perspective and preference, I suppose. :D
Hmm, I guess. After all, what is the first "Shrek" movie - essentially - if not a re-hash of the old "Sleeping Beauty"? (The princess can only be woken/married to a prince/her true love). Sure, "Shrek" added on a lot of extra stuff, but the core of it is "Sleeping Beauty". ;)

I'm not saying that movies can't be entertaining, especially Disney (heck, Disney is all about entertainment). ;) But it would be nice if someone tried to make a movie out of the original tales of Hercules. Of course, it would be R-rated because of all the times Hercules ravished the princesses and murdered the kings, and what-not. :P

Now that I think about it - it would be like Game of Thrones! :lol: Except not so much. "See the mighty Hercules get drunk and kill the king, and NOT take his throne, but grovel and ask to atone for his sin! Mwahahahaha! :twisted: Then see the mighty Hercules get drunk, kill some other king, AND take his throne and marry the princess too, 'cos the king is a jerk! Mwahahahaha!" :twisted: Etc., etc. Lather, rinse, repeat. ;)

Think HBO will go for it? :lol:

User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 13267
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Disney Characters Drawn.

Post by Tawmis » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:14 pm

MusicallyInspired wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:48 am
Tawmis wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:18 pm
You didn't like Wreck It Ralph? :shock:
It's not that I didn't like it....it was just ok. Didn't stand out to me at all really. Just forgettable. I haven't even seen the second one yet. Just no interest. As far as movies with video games heavily involved go, I've seen better. Or at least they could DO better. I haven't been a big fan of really any of the Disney-made CGI films (the ones that aren't Pixar....though, those have gone downhill too, save for Toy Story 3...haven't seen 4 yet).
Toy Story 4 is great. (Saw it this past weekend!)
As for Wreck It Ralph, I have not seen the second one either - but that's because life tends to get in the way of things - and it got by me, and out of the theaters before I had time to see it.
MusicallyInspired wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:48 am
Tawmis wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:22 pm
It's only when they make a change, for change's sake, without even thinking it through. (For example, the entire X-Men movie franchise; but despite my dislike of it - there's fans out there that LOVE it). So it's all perspective and preference, I suppose. :D
The X-Men movies are quite hit or miss. Some are great some are really really bad. I've no experience with the original comics or even the TV show though. I know that people were disappointed in Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine because he's supposed to be short, but then everyone loved him. I do too. I think he's a great Wolverine.
What did you think of Logan? How does it measure up to "Old Man Logan?"
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine seemed to be a bad call; until the movie came out. And suddenly he was Wolverine. I can't see anyone else as him. (Which will be interesting, when Disney-Marvel eventually relaunches the X-Men movies into the MCU Universe, since the FOX ones will not be canon). But for me, the same thing happened with Robert Downey, Jr. - when he was first announced as Iron Man, I was furious. Because he had been a wash out after the 80's - and he did Tropic Thunder, and was admittedly funny (if not a bit racist) in that. But then the first Iron Man came out - five minutes into it - I was sold. No one else is Tony Stark. Same thing with Paul Rudd as Ant-Man. I dislike(d) Paul Rudd as an actor (he was fine in 40 Year Old Virgin, but all these other movies he was in where he plays a super quirky, super annoying character; he'd been type-cast, I realized; because 5 minutes into Ant-Man, I suddenly saw talent, comedic delivery, and diversity in his acting, and I walked out as Ant-Man being one of my favorite MCU movies at the time).

As for Logan... and comparing it to Old Man Logan (the comic), there's some similarities - but it's very "borrow a little of this, a little of that, change everything else."
I enjoyed Logan... all the way up to the end, where he fights... himself.
This was a MISSED opportunity to use an actual villain - rather than CGI a young Hugh Jackman. For #$%*'s sake, FOX... can't get #$%^ right. :lol:

It would have been the PERFECT time to use someone like Omega Red.
And STILL pull off what happened to Logan, based off of Omega Red's powers: Originally Omega Red only possessed the mutant ability to rapidly heal from fatal injuries, similar to the healing factor possessed by both Wolverine and Sabretooth. Omega Red’s major mutant ability is the ability to secrete pheromones that could cause any organic life, mostly humans, to weaken and eventually die. The effect of the released pheromones depends on the exposure time, the endurance of the victim, and his distance from the victim.
Image
Rath Darkblade wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:52 am
Hmm, I guess. After all, what is the first "Shrek" movie - essentially - if not a re-hash of the old "Sleeping Beauty"? (The princess can only be woken/married to a prince/her true love). Sure, "Shrek" added on a lot of extra stuff, but the core of it is "Sleeping Beauty". ;)
Well they do say there's only seven basic plots that every story spins into it.
Rath Darkblade wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:52 am
I'm not saying that movies can't be entertaining, especially Disney (heck, Disney is all about entertainment). ;) But it would be nice if someone tried to make a movie out of the original tales of Hercules. Of course, it would be R-rated because of all the times Hercules ravished the princesses and murdered the kings, and what-not. :P
Well, there's quite a few Hercules based movies; but of course, none are... well, "historically" accurate (can be it be historically accurate if it's based off legends and stories?)
The one that Rock did was not historically accurate; but it was VERY entertaining (but really, put the Rock in the movie and I am probably going to love it).

User avatar
BBP
Village Elder
Posts: 4591
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:07 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Disney Characters Drawn.

Post by BBP » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:11 am

I knew I'd seen it before on this topic, but when I went searching it turned out to be a tad different...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2707
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts

User avatar
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder
Posts: 2828
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:46 am
Gender: Male
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Contact:

Re: Disney Characters Drawn.

Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:00 am

I remember the first time I saw Paul Rudd was in the last couple seasons or so of Friends. So weird to see him years later having gone through a typcasted comedy film roll into an MCU superstar basically. And his looks haven't changed in all this time. Perhaps he's another immortal like Keanu! lol
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001

User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 13267
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Disney Characters Drawn.

Post by Tawmis » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:30 pm

BBP wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:11 am
I knew I'd seen it before on this topic, but when I went searching it turned out to be a tad different...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2707
Well. Now I feel like a dirty old man, because I posted _both_ of these threads! (But just proof there's some amazing artists out there!)
Admittedly, I usually come across these threads from some Disney-fans on my Facebook.
MusicallyInspired wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:00 am
I remember the first time I saw Paul Rudd was in the last couple seasons or so of Friends. So weird to see him years later having gone through a typcasted comedy film roll into an MCU superstar basically. And his looks haven't changed in all this time. Perhaps he's another immortal like Keanu! lol
LOL! Keanu at least has some grey stubble! Paul Rudd really does look the same as his time on Friends, 40 Year Old Virgin, and now Ant-Man.

Post Reply