Dragon Age: Inquisition (Discussion)

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition (Discussion)

Postby Tawmis » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:40 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote:Hmm... I think I found only four or five runes. Maybe I'd find more if I tackle some of the dragons...? Would runes be in the dragons' treasure hordes? ;)


Well, also when you kill various RIFTS.

Rath Darkblade wrote:I thought that maybe I hadn't researched it, but do I even need to "research" the first lyrium potion? I'm confused.


Well I think you need to click the "bottle" icon to "research" to make it.

If you can - do a screenshot so I can see what you're seeing.

Rath Darkblade wrote:Congratulations! *awards Tawmis the "Dragonslayer" medal* :D


It was a pretty epic moment. :)
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
 
Posts: 9996
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition (Discussion)

Postby Rath Darkblade » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:39 am

Uhm, okay... how can I take a screenshot in game? I tried simply pressing the "PrintScreen" key, but the shot gave me was just a blank black screen. :( Do you know how it's done?

Thanks...! :)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
 
Posts: 3904
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Not specified

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition (Discussion)

Postby Tawmis » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:09 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote:Uhm, okay... how can I take a screenshot in game? I tried simply pressing the "PrintScreen" key, but the shot gave me was just a blank black screen. :( Do you know how it's done?

Thanks...! :)


You have the game in the settings set as "Full Screen" - change it to uh.. "Borderless" I believe it is.

And it should work.

Oh and read and found this:

Screenshots will be found in: My Documents\Bioware\Dragon Age Inquisition\Screen Shots
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
 
Posts: 9996
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition (Discussion)

Postby Rath Darkblade » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:47 am

OK, here we go!

ScreenshotWin32_0003_Final.png


As you can see, I've unlocked the lyrium potion recipe through a simple quest - but although I have four elf-roots, I can't use any of them to create a lyrium potion, since the option to do so is reddened out! :( (Reddened out, of course, is like "grayed out" - but red). ;)

Any ideas what to do to unlock it?
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
 
Posts: 3904
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Not specified

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition (Discussion)

Postby Rath Darkblade » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:53 am

I also noticed this (and it is silly!) :P While I talk to Cassandra in Haven, two guys are practicing sword-fighting behind us. But...

ScreenshotWin32_0001_Final.png


...the guy on the right has no head (!!!) :shock:

GAH!!! An undead monster posing as a human soldier! *runs away* :P
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
 
Posts: 3904
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Not specified

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition (Discussion)

Postby AndreaDraco » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:01 pm

In that screen, you're not researching potions, but creating/equipping them. And even if you had the possibility to create lyrium potions, you couldn't equip them to a Rogue.

I don't remember if you have to research lyrium potions even after completing the alchemist's quest, but to do so there's a sideboard or crédence on which you can click, that allows you to research potions and potion upgrades. If you don't need to research them, simply select a Mage character (which you can do via the arrows in the upper right corner) and you should be able to create and equip them.
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
User avatar
AndreaDraco
Village Elder
 
Posts: 3464
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:07 am
Location: Italy
Gender: Male

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition (Discussion)

Postby Tawmis » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:22 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote:OK, here we go!

ScreenshotWin32_0003_Final.png


As you can see, I've unlocked the lyrium potion recipe through a simple quest - but although I have four elf-roots, I can't use any of them to create a lyrium potion, since the option to do so is reddened out! :( (Reddened out, of course, is like "grayed out" - but red). ;)

Any ideas what to do to unlock it?


As Andrea pointed out; that's going on a Rogue - and they can't use Lyrium (in DAI), only Mages can. The screen shot I am looking for is where you are at the Research table with the Lyrium potion selected.
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
 
Posts: 9996
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition (Discussion)

Postby Rath Darkblade » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:49 am

AndreaDraco wrote:In that screen, you're not researching potions, but creating/equipping them. And even if you had the possibility to create lyrium potions, you couldn't equip them to a Rogue.

I don't remember if you have to research lyrium potions even after completing the alchemist's quest, but to do so there's a sideboard or crédence on which you can click, that allows you to research potions and potion upgrades. If you don't need to research them, simply select a Mage character (which you can do via the arrows in the upper right corner) and you should be able to create and equip them.


Tawmis wrote:As Andrea pointed out; that's going on a Rogue - and they can't use Lyrium (in DAI), only Mages can. The screen shot I am looking for is where you are at the Research table with the Lyrium potion selected.


Oh! :| I didn't know that only mage characters could create lyrium potions, nor was I aware that I could switch characters while creating these potions... I thought that the potion creation system worked as it did in DAO/DA2, where anyone could create any potion regardless of class. That's why I was confused.

Thanks, Andrea and Tawm! :)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
 
Posts: 3904
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Not specified

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition (Discussion)

Postby Tawmis » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:49 am

Rath Darkblade wrote:Oh! :| I didn't know that only mage characters could create lyrium potions, nor was I aware that I could switch characters while creating these potions... I thought that the potion creation system worked as it did in DAO/DA2, where anyone could create any potion regardless of class. That's why I was confused.
Thanks, Andrea and Tawm! :)


Uh, still think you misunderstood. Only YOU (your main character) can MAKE potions. However, only Mages can USE/Equip Lyrium potions.
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
 
Posts: 9996
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition (Discussion)

Postby Rath Darkblade » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:38 am

Ah... I guess I just phrased that badly. I know that only I can make the potions, but through the "make potion" table I can get my party to equip some potions per person... which I didn't know I could do. (Yay).

I still beat the game anyway... yay. ;)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
 
Posts: 3904
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Not specified

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition (Discussion)

Postby Tawmis » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:00 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote:Ah... I guess I just phrased that badly. I know that only I can make the potions, but through the "make potion" table I can get my party to equip some potions per person... which I didn't know I could do. (Yay).

I still beat the game anyway... yay. ;)


Awesome! I keep thinking I get close to the end; but then it opens new things (and I am anal enough that I have to do EVERY War Table mission that appears...)

So at the moment, I am following Samson - and I am in the Elven Temple. I have decided to follow the path of the Elves rather than just jump in the hole to follow Samson.
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
 
Posts: 9996
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition (Discussion)

Postby DeadPoolX » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:21 pm

I've read numerous reports (on the BioWare forum) of the Dragon Age Keep failing to properly import your settings.

For instance, people with a male Hawke or Warden might find companions referring to him as "her" or "she," thinking Hawke or the Warden was female. The same thing has occurred, but in reverse, if someone played as a female Hawke or Warden.

There have been other issues too, with some choices not carrying over properly and such.

Have any of you experienced that? I'd rather not play the game until bugs like those have been fixed.

Plus, Maia and I are also waiting to see if better hair options are added later. I don't know who designed the hair in this game, but whoever did, they need to be fired. The hair is awful, especially if you're playing a female character.

I'd also like to know why we needed roughly ten different (yet extremely similar) variants of bald or buzzcuts. Half of them look like someone scribbled all over a bald head with a marker!

There aren't many men who'd really choose to play a bald/balding character, let alone women. Considering the hair is shared between male and female characters, you'd think BioWare would know that.

To be honest, I'm surprised they haven't released a DLC containing new hair styles yet. I'm sure a lot of people would buy it, including Maia and me if the styles were good.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
User avatar
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!
 
Posts: 3925
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:00 pm
Location: Canada
Gender: XY

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition (Discussion)

Postby Tawmis » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:22 am

DeadPoolX wrote:I've read numerous reports (on the BioWare forum) of the Dragon Age Keep failing to properly import your settings.
For instance, people with a male Hawke or Warden might find companions referring to him as "her" or "she," thinking Hawke or the Warden was female. The same thing has occurred, but in reverse, if someone played as a female Hawke or Warden. There have been other issues too, with some choices not carrying over properly and such.
Have any of you experienced that? I'd rather not play the game until bugs like those have been fixed.


I initially started the game without importing anything (and got way too far before I realized I hadn't imported anything). I will probably replay this game, with my game stuff properly imported, but it might be awhile because this game is absolutely freaking epically huge in size. (I am sure you can burn through and just do the main storylines to shove the game along; but I am not that player... so even if I replayed it, I'd make different choices, and thus want to do everything all over again). So I can't speak of this issue you mentioned.

DeadPoolX wrote:Plus, Maia and I are also waiting to see if better hair options are added later. I don't know who designed the hair in this game, but whoever did, they need to be fired. The hair is awful, especially if you're playing a female character. I'd also like to know why we needed roughly ten different (yet extremely similar) variants of bald or buzzcuts. Half of them look like someone scribbled all over a bald head with a marker!
There aren't many men who'd really choose to play a bald/balding character, let alone women. Considering the hair is shared between male and female characters, you'd think BioWare would know that.
To be honest, I'm surprised they haven't released a DLC containing new hair styles yet. I'm sure a lot of people would buy it, including Maia and me if the styles were good.


I am surprised, that there is perhaps no DLC for it, sure. But they may have limited hair because of how huge this game is. Hair may have been sacrificed (you think, "it's just hair! How much space can it take up?") - but that same hair would show up in every single cut scene (and there's quite a few, especially when talking to your companions) - so even if you're wearing a helmet before the cut scene; the cut scene always removes it and shows your face (and whatever markings you do or don't have) and your hair.

I didn't have an issue with the hair (ironically, when I play Mass Effect, I always use the buzzed hair look, but when I play Dragon Age I always go for the long, red haired look). I've not made a female in Dragon Age, so I am not sure how that works out with hair (but I'd take your word, and especially Maia's, if you guys say there's not much there!)
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
 
Posts: 9996
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition (Discussion)

Postby AndreaDraco » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:23 am

It also seems straneg that no one has modded the game to make better hairstayles. That was one of the first mod to come out on the Nexus for DA2. Anyway, I didn't have a problem with the male hairstyles, and was able to quickly find one that suited the character I was creating.

Regarding the importing issue, I haven't had a single problem with it. So far (I must be just around the middle of the game, which, like Tawm said, is freaking epically huge), all my choices were correctly imported, from who is king of Ferelden, to what happened in Kirkwall, to which companion my Warden and my Hawke romanced.
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
User avatar
AndreaDraco
Village Elder
 
Posts: 3464
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:07 am
Location: Italy
Gender: Male

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition (Discussion)

Postby Tawmis » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:30 pm

Just beat the game. Very fulfilling.

Just going to say one thing - make sure to watch beyond the credits. Just... keep watching. Trust me.
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
 
Posts: 9996
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Sierra Games & Help

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests

cron