What the...? (Skyrim non-tech-related question)

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.

What the...? (Skyrim non-tech-related question)

Postby Rath Darkblade » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:01 am

So I decided to fire up Skyrim once again, and as I'm wandering through Riften, this is what I see...

ScreenShot2.jpg

To make it even more surreal, a few seconds later, the guard got up, walked over to the bridge, couldn't climb over (of course) and ended up jumping into the river. *LOL* So apparently the guards can sit on thin air - but don't ask them to climb over a bannister, or point any arrows at their knees! ;)

I'm just thinking... did I miss some kind of spell/ability that allows me to do that? Just wondering... *BWG*
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: What the...? (Skyrim non-tech-related question)

Postby DeadPoolX » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:27 am

Yeah, sometimes games -- especially large open-world games, like Skyrim -- have some weird glitches.

Cracked has done numerous articles in this subject. Here are some of the articles I can find easily:

"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Postby Tawmis » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:25 am

Rath Darkblade wrote:So I decided to fire up Skyrim once again, and as I'm wandering through Riften, this is what I see...

ScreenShot2.jpg

To make it even more surreal, a few seconds later, the guard got up, walked over to the bridge, couldn't climb over (of course) and ended up jumping into the river. *LOL*

Clearly this is a guard who was in a dark place in his life, contemplating ending it - and you, the hero - could have gone over there and talked him out of it. Instead, you just watched him plunge to his death! :lol:
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Postby Rath Darkblade » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Tawmis wrote:
Rath Darkblade wrote:So I decided to fire up Skyrim once again, and as I'm wandering through Riften, this is what I see...

ScreenShot2.jpg

To make it even more surreal, a few seconds later, the guard got up, walked over to the bridge, couldn't climb over (of course) and ended up jumping into the river. *LOL*

Clearly this is a guard who was in a dark place in his life, contemplating ending it - and you, the hero - could have gone over there and talked him out of it. Instead, you just watched him plunge to his death! :lol:

:lol: I spoke to him, but he only told me about the arrow in his knee before he jumped. Maybe that arrow was never extracted properly and was just too painful? ;)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Postby DeadPoolX » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:59 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote:
Tawmis wrote:

ScreenShot2.jpg

:lol: I spoke to him, but he only told me about the arrow in his knee before he jumped. Maybe that arrow was never extracted properly and was just too painful? ;)

Maybe he jumped because he was tired of hearing overused memes. :P
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Postby Rath Darkblade » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:52 pm

Well I'm not sure what's going on, but I visited Riften once again... and this is what I saw...

guard.jpg

At least he's not sitting in mid-air any more, but why is he sitting on empty air at all? Not sure what he's doing there, except enjoying a refreshing beverage... ;)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Postby Collector » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:18 pm

Moved to the Other Games forum. Carry on.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Collector
Grand Poobah

Return to Non-Sierra Games & Help