Monkey Island 2 Question :-(

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Monkey Island 2 Question :-(

Post by Rath Darkblade » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:54 am

I've reached very near the end-game, where you have to construct a voodoo doll of LeChuck to use against him. I have everything I need, except for the soiled hankie. But regardless of how much I try to give him the hankie, he always just says "Hey Guybrush! It's voodoo time!" and zaps me away. I just don't have the time to give him the hankie before he starts zapping me. :-(

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm playing the Special Edition of MI2. Thanks! :)

Datadog
Great Incinerations

Re: Monkey Island 2 Question :-(

Post by Datadog » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:12 pm

Strange. You should be able to just click it on him.

There might be a work-around if this is a timer issue. If you already have his underwear, go back to the grog machine and see if you can get another coin rolling. Then try giving him the hanky while he's picking up the coin.
Box of Mystery, Adventure Games, Cartoons, Books and more!

Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:39 pm

Given that this is the Special Edition I would question that it would be a timer bug. I know nothing of the remake so I would not know what to suggest other than to try things in a different order.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:25 pm

Datadog wrote:Strange. You should be able to just click it on him.

There might be a work-around if this is a timer issue. If you already have his underwear, go back to the grog machine and see if you can get another coin rolling. Then try giving him the hanky while he's picking up the coin.
Thanks Datadog. Yep, I had the same idea and tried it last night, but it didn't do anything. I didn't think of just clicking on him, because I wasn't aware that you could give things to people by doing that.

I've had a word with MusicallyInspired on Steam, and he suggested the same thing - or switching to the original, giving LeChuck the hankie, and then switching back to see what happens. I tried that and it worked like a charm. :) Thanks again!