Quick question for anyone here who uses Avast Anti-virus

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.

Quick question for anyone here who uses Avast Anti-virus

Postby Rath Darkblade » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:46 am

This is not game-related, but it is tech-related, so hopefully I'm in the right forum. *G*

I've noticed recently that my copy of the Avast Anti-virus program - an excellent program, btw, which I don't regret downloading - will be expiring in a little under 2 months. (My copy is free for home use, and kept up to date - I have the latest version and latest virus definitions). I'd like to re-register it, so that it would stop moaning at me about this. ;)

I've looked up how to do this, and it seems that I only have one choice - to register through the Avast website. However, this seems to be where I'd go to register for the first time, and not if I'd like to re-register. *shrug*

Is it the same thing? Is there a difference? Or am I simply being pedantic here? ;) I'd simply prefer to do the right thing by Avast, to avoid annoyances etc. later on. Any ideas? ;)

Thanks!
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: Quick question for anyone here who uses Avast Anti-virus

Postby Collector » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:14 pm

I don't have Avast and this is something specific to that company, so I can't be of much help.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Collector
Grand Poobah

Postby DeadPoolX » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:40 pm

Maia and I have three licenses (her desktop, my desktop, and my laptop) for Avast Anti-Virus Pro, and haven't used the free edition for a long time. So our knowledge of the free edition is a little rusty.

That said, I think that page is where you go to re-register as well. In fact, I seem to recall a way to re-register through the program, but that was a previous version, so I'm sure some methods have changed.

My advice would be to go to the website and put in the EXACT same info as before. If it says you're already registered, then there's a different section to re-register (either on the website or through the program itself).

Obviously, if it allows you to re-register on that page, then you're good to go.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Postby Rath Darkblade » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:31 am

Well, I've re-registered and all seems to be well (I hope). The license key is on its way, and I'll have it later today. Cheers! :)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Return to Non-Sierra Games & Help