YAY! Absurdly exciting Lucas-Arts-related Grim news!

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

YAY! Absurdly exciting Lucas-Arts-related Grim news!

Post by Rath Darkblade » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:21 am

Some of you here will remember Grim Fandango, one of LucasArts's last adventure games back in the last 90s, before adventure games nearly died.

Well - guess what? The game has now been remastered, including re-orchestrated score (with a full orchestra!), better character textures and lighting, developer commentary, AND - and I know this will help DPX - a new point-and-click interface, instead of the old keyboard-only one! Huzzah and hurrah! :D

Here are the obligatory links:

- Wiki-link to the Remastered version, to show what changes have been made
- A review, over at my favourite IT-related online magazine, The Register (UK-based)
- The Official Link to Double Fine Studios, where Tim Schafer and co. laboured over this game
- And, of course, it's also available at GOG and Steam too.

Now I know this is a little late, as the game was released about a week ago - but still... ;) Hope you all like it! :)

DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Re: YAY! Absurdly exciting Lucas-Arts-related Grim news!

Post by DeadPoolX » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:37 pm

Maia and I bought this on GOG before it actually came out. One of the very few games we've ever pre-purchased.

The control scheme is amazingly improved. Like the original version, you can use the keyboard, but you can also control Manny with a gamepad (the diagram shows a PS3 controller, but they've actually set it up to work with just about every official and unofficial controller available, including of course, the Xbox 360 gamepad), but best of all, it can be completely controlled with a mouse.

It's so much easier to move and do things with a mouse that I might actually play the entire game this time! :)
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: YAY! Absurdly exciting Lucas-Arts-related Grim news!

Post by Rath Darkblade » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:44 pm

Yay! :D Hope you enjoy it. It's definitely worth it. :)