...let's face it, my old workhorse might be coming to the end of its days.
I've had it for about 4-5 years, but in a year or two I might need to seriously think about an upgrade.
So... current stats are:
- Intel i3 @ 3.07Ghz processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 1 TB HDD (Samsung HD 103SJ ATA Device)
- AMD Radeon HD 5670
The tower I'm thinking of has the following stats:
- i5_4440 @ 3.1 Ghz processor
- 8 GB RAM
- 2 TB HDD (SATA)
- 2 GB Graphics card (I thought it was in-built - but it's a Radeon R7 240)
- Power supply: Internal 300W (100V-240V)
This tower is a HP Pavilion 500-201a
- the link is to HP's stats for this tower, as I know many of you know more about hardware than I do!
This tower is currently on sale for $698 AUD, i.e. $540.71 USD; the usual price is $898 AUD, i.e. $695.64 USD.
What do you think? Is this tower a good deal? Not such a good deal? Personally I'd prefer an i7, but I simply can't afford one right now. *shrug* Still, I believe the i5 is a good processor... no?