Dragon Age IV News

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Dragon Age IV News

Post by Tawmis » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:10 am

Rath Darkblade wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:55 am
There's nothing wrong with leisure suits, but in the proper setting. ;) It's like asking Larry Laffer to wield a double-bladed axe, like Oghren. It won't be Larry Laffer any more. Right? :)
Larry's all about women's axes. ;)
Just axe him. He will tell you.

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:33 am

That's just axing for trouble, so I think I'll bow out before Oghren spears me with a trident for tri-ing too hard. :twisted:

Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:24 am

Finished "Andromeda" tonight. Or rather, finished it enough. 100% planetary viability, all loyalty missions and planet missions accounted for. Even every planet scanned because I'm apparently a masochist. After getting through the original trilogy, the books, and that James Vega movie, this is my fault for being a "Mass Effect" enthusiast.

That said, I don't think I hate the game as much as other people do. It's a train wreck, but also sort of a fun train wreck? Design-wise, it feels like the writers were onto something, where the exploration and story choices were really well-integrated. But then they got high on their own stash** and turned the game into a laughable piece of cringe-worthy fan-fiction. And then somewhere during the halfway point, it all spirals out of control. The worst part was probably when dozens of side-missions appeared at once, and half involved seemingly endless back-tracking between planets. That was where I conceded that this is probably not a game worth finishing, but I did it anyway.

**Also, I know I joked that the game's writers were high, but it's hard not to believe it when my teammates keep sending me on "snack runs". Whoever wrote ME:A had the munchies, end of story.
Tawmis wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:25 am
Andromeda is like the game I go and play, when I am feeling so great, that I know I need to ruin my mood. One of these years, I believe, I may eventually finish it between my hour sessions of playing and hating myself for even trying
No, I think you cashed out at the right time. The right time being whenever you decide the game's over. Just assume the Pathfinder crew wins and there's no sequel. Humanity is saved!
DeadPoolX wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:33 pm
Andromeda's big issue for me is ... ... ... the inability to save when and where I want if you're involved in a story-related mission. That's complete BS too, because all the other DA and ME games allowed this.
This was driving me nuts too until I discovered the game autosaves during story missions. I had to drop out of final missions several times to attend to baby stuff, and never lost more than a minute's progress when I started it back up. I agree, however, that it's very unnerving how the save button is always off. Of all the game's faults, I'm certain they could've gotten that one thing working.
Box of Mystery, Adventure Games, Cartoons, Books and more!