My Shivers 2 playthough

Feeling a SHIVER down your spine? Not sure which way to turn? You might want to come here and ask for clues and hints about SHIVERS and SHIVERS II.
notbobsmith
Oldbie

Re: My Shivers 2 playthough

Post by notbobsmith » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:49 pm

So I ended up having to resort to getting a hint. I peaked at your clues, BBP, but they didn't make sense to me at first. What I was missing was that I needed to place the gum on the red dot on the TVs to watch the videos. Kind of frustrating, but it did open things up for me.

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:53 am

Wow! It's the main point of the game - that the hints are in the music videos.

Before you first leave the motel and encounter the ghost (since you already entered the bakery I assume you got the music box and know now it's Norah's ghost, there are 8 videos available. Number 9 you get after you solve the first bahos The music videos are:
Candy Cane Dragon / needed to get a clue from the barbershop pole
Warm Place To Hide / hints to enemy
Get A Grip / hints to get token in shop
Was I Even There / hints to clue to mausoleum in the cafe
Spell It Out / needed to get in the computer at the bank
Ianyi / hint to getting Ianyi
Alone Inside / needed to get something from the cemetery
Move Without Thought / needed to get into the bank
Know Your Enemy / needed to solve gas station puzzle

Cool that you managed to get so far without any video!
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts

notbobsmith
Oldbie

Post by notbobsmith » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:37 pm

It didn't seem all that obvious of a thing to do, and I was able to progress pretty far without the videos so I didn't notice until I got stuck. What bugs me is that some locations (like the statue in the cemetery) don't become "active" until the video is viewed, so I spent a lot of time clicking on things and have nothing happen.

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:48 pm

It makes sense to me. Would you randomly press statues in a cemetery when you find yourself in a ghost town? :D
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts

notbobsmith
Oldbie

Post by notbobsmith » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:37 pm

Still working my way through. Things have opened up since I figured out the thing with the videos. I was still having trouble with the bank, but it turned out there was one I hadn't seen. I did end up cheating with the puzzle in the warehouse (moving the marbles into the correct colored squares in a fixed number of moves). That one seemed too difficult and time consuming to figure out on my own. The first Shivers had one like that too.

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:43 pm

That one's improbably hard, I wouldn't even know where to begin...
Since you got in the warehouse I presume you "offered her a flower and placed it just right". Did that activate a certain other thing happening at the cemetery?
Skip to new scripts

notbobsmith
Oldbie

Post by notbobsmith » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:18 pm

I'm down to my last bahos. So far the only puzzles I need to do (I think) are to get in Max's place and to access the computer. I did watch the video which gives the clue (Spell It Out), but I need a user name and a password. Still working on it.

Overall the game is okay. I'm still a bit miffed about needing to watch the videos before a puzzle location becomes active or an item appears. But the puzzles (except the on in the warehouse) are pretty good and challenging. We'll see how the game finishes up. Hopefully soon.

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:34 am

In case you're done working: They're both in Spell It Out video
Skip to new scripts

notbobsmith
Oldbie

Post by notbobsmith » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:49 pm

Got the last Bahos (Burt's). I was having trouble with getting the login and password for the bank computer, but finally accessed it. I read your hint, but the mistake I was making was focusing on the lyrics of the song (ONE, TWO, THREE, etc. in caps in the subtitles) than the people making letters in the video. That may have been a bit too subtle when the password is shown very clearly. So right now I am in Max's cave figuring out what to do next.

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:54 pm

Good job but I'm really wondering how this game works now. Yeah I was looking for secret passwords in those lyrics but I guess it was too obvious. :D

Is Darkcloud calling you in absolutely every building now? :D that's so annoying!

There are 2 basic important things at Max's: one key item and of course you need to do what Norah tells you to do.
Skip to new scripts