Choose my next adventure

One of the many other Sierra games got you wondering something? Need hints? Got questions? Or just want to talk about them - post it here!
notbobsmith
Sierra Veteran

Re: Choose my next adventure

Post by notbobsmith » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:29 pm

BBP wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:09 pm
Mmm I think 7th Guest is easier than Shivers - except for the microscope puzzle. But even for that one there's a Puzzle Skip System.
The problem with that "puzzle" was that it wasn't a puzzle at all; it was a game. The AI is just much better than we are at playing it. I ended up finding a website that simulates the microscope game. You basically enter the AI's move in the browser and you put in the next move in the game. It still took 3 times for me to win. This was also my main problem with The 11th Hour. A good number of the "puzzles" were just like this. One was just playing Connect Four against the AI which is a lot harder than it sounds.

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:23 am

Yeah the Connect 4 was beyond mean - with 7 columns it's very well playable but with 8... Worst to me is the Mouse game because it's so cute I could have loved it - I got the hint book. For Mouse, the Strategy in the 11th Hour Solution Book, is: "Reset until you get an easy one."
Fresh game scripts: KQ4, LSL2 and LSL3! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:04 am

BBP wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:09 pm
Mmm I think 7th Guest is easier than Shivers - except for the microscope puzzle. But even for that one there's a Puzzle Skip System.
You think 7th Guest was easier? Yeesh! 7th Guest and 11th Hour - while I loved them both - killed me with some of the "games" (not so much puzzles) in them; because some of it required knowledge of other games (such as Chess, which - if you're not familiar with - you're in for a rough ride).

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:02 pm

Still you can skip them...
Fresh game scripts: KQ4, LSL2 and LSL3! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:28 pm

BBP wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:02 pm
Still you can skip them...
True! But where's the fun of that? :)

We're here because we're obsessed with these games!

You can go on Youtube and watch "Shivers" and say you "skipped" past all the puzzles and beat the game! :D

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:01 am

There's no joy to be gotten from beating the microscope, because you as a mere mortal cannot beat an AI that is a thousand times stronger than you. To top it off, there's no reward for microscope.
Skip to new scripts

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:32 pm

BBP wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:01 am
There's no joy to be gotten from beating the microscope, because you as a mere mortal cannot beat an AI that is a thousand times stronger than you. To top it off, there's no reward for microscope.
Heh! I know, I was being silly! (But we must be stronger... smarter than the AI... #SkyNetHasAwakened) :D