Designing a Police Quest Spinoff -

Caught in your own cuffs? Need a hint? Or just want to talk about Police Quest - this is the place to do it!
Post Reply
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 10601
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Designing a Police Quest Spinoff -

Post by Tawmis » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:40 pm

This one might be rough...

There were not a lot of additional characters that Sonny ran into that stuck out... But...

Just because I think these threads are fun for discussion -

If you were tapped as someone who had to make a Police Quest spin off - using one of the existing characters that isn't a main character (so in this case, no Sonny or Marie) - who would you make it about?

Essentially it'd be a way to create a game to develop and focus on another character, other than the main character(s).

So if you couldn't think of a game idea, who (aside from the main character(s)) do you wish you knew more about?

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
Posts: 4175
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Not specified
Contact:

Re: Designing a Police Quest Spinoff -

Post by Rath Darkblade » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:28 am

:lol: I can think of one - the captain of the station in PQ1, the one who "the Gremlin" was always pranking. (Remember that live chicken on his desk?) :P

I can't remember his name (Captain Dooley???) but I'd love to see more of him.

Or maybe Sonny's partner from PQ2, Keith Robinson. We don't know much about him, either. He struck me a a good guy. :)

User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 10601
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Designing a Police Quest Spinoff -

Post by Tawmis » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:31 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:28 am
Or maybe Sonny's partner from PQ2, Keith Robinson. We don't know much about him, either. He struck me a a good guy. :)
Wasn't he the one who would randomly go on breaks during an arrest? Or was that in PQIII?

User avatar
notbobsmith
Sierra Veteran
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male

Re: Designing a Police Quest Spinoff -

Post by notbobsmith » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:40 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:28 am
:lol: I can think of one - the captain of the station in PQ1, the one who "the Gremlin" was always pranking. (Remember that live chicken on his desk?) :P

I can't remember his name (Captain Dooley???) but I'd love to see more of him.

Or maybe Sonny's partner from PQ2, Keith Robinson. We don't know much about him, either. He struck me a a good guy. :)
Sgt. Dooley. Maybe a spinoff could be about The Gremlin, Laura Watts. You have to do normal police work, but then have opportunities to do pranks on Dooley.
Tawmis wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:31 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:28 am
Or maybe Sonny's partner from PQ2, Keith Robinson. We don't know much about him, either. He struck me a a good guy. :)
Wasn't he the one who would randomly go on breaks during an arrest? Or was that in PQIII?
He was in PQ2 and would vanish at the drop of a hat. At least he doesn't try to kill you.

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
Posts: 4175
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Not specified
Contact:

Re: Designing a Police Quest Spinoff -

Post by Rath Darkblade » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:57 am

notbobsmith wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:40 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:28 am
:lol: I can think of one - the captain of the station in PQ1, the one who "the Gremlin" was always pranking. (Remember that live chicken on his desk?) :P

I can't remember his name (Captain Dooley???) but I'd love to see more of him.

Or maybe Sonny's partner from PQ2, Keith Robinson. We don't know much about him, either. He struck me a a good guy. :)
Sgt. Dooley. Maybe a spinoff could be about The Gremlin, Laura Watts. You have to do normal police work, but then have opportunities to do pranks on Dooley.
Whoops. :oops: Well, I haven't played PQ1 in simply ages - you can tell... :P

Oh, so the Gremlin is Laura Watts? When does Sonny (and the player) learn that? *curious*
notbobsmith wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:40 pm
Tawmis wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:31 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:28 am
Or maybe Sonny's partner from PQ2, Keith Robinson. We don't know much about him, either. He struck me a a good guy. :)
Wasn't he the one who would randomly go on breaks during an arrest? Or was that in PQIII?
...At least he doesn't try to kill you.
:lol: Well, that's always a good start for someone you'd trust with your life... ;)

User avatar
notbobsmith
Sierra Veteran
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male

Re: Designing a Police Quest Spinoff -

Post by notbobsmith » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:03 am

Rath Darkblade wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:57 am

Oh, so the Gremlin is Laura Watts? When does Sonny (and the player) learn that? *curious*
It's in the personnel files on the computer in PQ2.

Post Reply