Designing a Laura Bow Spinoff -

Feeling like this game could be murder... literally? Well, come on in here for some extra detective work (and clues/hints/etc!) for the Laura Bow games (The Colonel's Bequest and The Dagger of Amon Ra).
Post Reply
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 10812
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Designing a Laura Bow Spinoff -

Post by Tawmis » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:45 pm

This could be easy, considering how many people Laura interacted with in both games...!

Just because I think these threads are fun for discussion -

If you were tapped as someone who had to make a Laura Bow spin off - using one of the existing characters that isn't a main character (so in this case, no Laura Bow) - who would you make it about?

Essentially it'd be a way to create a game to develop and focus on another character, other than the main character(s).

So if you couldn't think of a game idea, who (aside from the main character(s)) do you wish you knew more about?

User avatar
Collector
Grand Poobah
Posts: 11129
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:57 am
Location: Sierraland
Contact:

Re: Designing a Laura Bow Spinoff -

Post by Collector » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:00 pm

Tawmis wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:45 pm
If you were tapped as someone who had to make a Police Quest spin off
Copy and paste error?
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Image

User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 10812
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Designing a Laura Bow Spinoff -

Post by Tawmis » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Collector wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:00 pm
Tawmis wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:45 pm
If you were tapped as someone who had to make a Police Quest spin off
Copy and paste error?
Indeed. :lol:

User avatar
Collector
Grand Poobah
Posts: 11129
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:57 am
Location: Sierraland
Contact:

Re: Designing a Laura Bow Spinoff -

Post by Collector » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:01 pm

You might want to check your other new threads, too.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Image

User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 10812
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Designing a Laura Bow Spinoff -

Post by Tawmis » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:31 pm

Collector wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:01 pm
You might want to check your other new threads, too.
Already fixed, after you pointed out this one. I am on it. (Unless I missed one?)
:lol:

User avatar
Datadog
Great Incinerations
Posts: 1504
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:41 am
Location: Vancouver
Gender: Martian
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:

Re: Designing a Laura Bow Spinoff -

Post by Datadog » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:28 pm

Tawmis wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:45 pm
This could be easy, considering how many people Laura interacted with in both games...!
But how many survived? :)

On that note... Stevedore Quest!

I picture this as a "Forrest Gump"-ish prequel where it explores Steve's past working at the docks and getting entangled with famous historical figures throughout the 20's.

The plot would loosely follow Steve helping some guy called Lindbergh find his missing airplane after it goes missing from a ship's cargo. Along the way, he'll teach Babe Ruth to swing a bat, inspire Walt Disney to create Steamboat Willie, and accidentally invent commercial radio.
Box of Mystery, Adventure Games, Cartoons, Books and more!

User avatar
Semi-Happy Partygoer
Sierra Obsessed
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:44 pm
Location: Sydney
Gender: Male

Re: Designing a Laura Bow Spinoff -

Post by Semi-Happy Partygoer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:16 am

Datadog wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:28 pm
Tawmis wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:45 pm
This could be easy, considering how many people Laura interacted with in both games...!
But how many survived? :)

On that note... Stevedore Quest!

I picture this as a "Forrest Gump"-ish prequel where it explores Steve's past working at the docks and getting entangled with famous historical figures throughout the 20's.

The plot would loosely follow Steve helping some guy called Lindbergh find his missing airplane after it goes missing from a ship's cargo. Along the way, he'll teach Babe Ruth to swing a bat, inspire Walt Disney to create Steamboat Willie, and accidentally invent commercial radio.
This is genius! I'd love to play it.

In a similar vein, perhaps Al Lowe could design an Yvette Delacroix prequel, exploring her adventures in Paris and her numerous...exploits.
While this is an interesting approach, it serves no practical purpose.

User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 10812
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Designing a Laura Bow Spinoff -

Post by Tawmis » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:35 pm

Datadog wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:28 pm
But how many survived? :)
Could be prequel stuff... Colonel before he was "paralyzed" or any one of those guests from the first or second game.
Datadog wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:28 pm
On that note... Stevedore Quest!

I picture this as a "Forrest Gump"-ish prequel where it explores Steve's past working at the docks and getting entangled with famous historical figures throughout the 20's.

The plot would loosely follow Steve helping some guy called Lindbergh find his missing airplane after it goes missing from a ship's cargo. Along the way, he'll teach Babe Ruth to swing a bat, inspire Walt Disney to create Steamboat Willie, and accidentally invent commercial radio.
:lol:

User avatar
Semi-Happy Partygoer
Sierra Obsessed
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:44 pm
Location: Sydney
Gender: Male

Re: Designing a Laura Bow Spinoff -

Post by Semi-Happy Partygoer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:51 am

Maybe a pseudo-sequel, FarmVille type game, where Celie and the Colonel set about restoring the plantation to its former glory and must tend the sugar cane.

They use all the murder victims as fertilizer...KIDDING!
While this is an interesting approach, it serves no practical purpose.

User avatar
Datadog
Great Incinerations
Posts: 1504
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:41 am
Location: Vancouver
Gender: Martian
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:

Re: Designing a Laura Bow Spinoff -

Post by Datadog » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Semi-Happy Partygoer wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:51 am
Maybe a pseudo-sequel, FarmVille type game, where Celie and the Colonel set about restoring the plantation to its former glory and must tend the sugar cane.

They use all the murder victims as fertilizer...KIDDING!
:lol:

Every time you log in to farm money, you get a random chance of finding a premium corpse.
Box of Mystery, Adventure Games, Cartoons, Books and more!

User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 10812
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Designing a Laura Bow Spinoff -

Post by Tawmis » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Datadog wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:50 pm
Semi-Happy Partygoer wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:51 am
Maybe a pseudo-sequel, FarmVille type game, where Celie and the Colonel set about restoring the plantation to its former glory and must tend the sugar cane.

They use all the murder victims as fertilizer...KIDDING!
:lol:

Every time you log in to farm money, you get a random chance of finding a premium corpse.
You two need to team up. I think we're sitting on a gold mine here. :lol:

User avatar
Semi-Happy Partygoer
Sierra Obsessed
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:44 pm
Location: Sydney
Gender: Male

Re: Designing a Laura Bow Spinoff -

Post by Semi-Happy Partygoer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:56 pm

Datadog wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:50 pm
Every time you log in to farm money, you get a random chance of finding a premium corpse.
:lol: YES! Save your gold to buy police dogs, who sniff out the premium burial spots.
While this is an interesting approach, it serves no practical purpose.

Post Reply