Dice & Dragons - The Adventures of D&D.

Just like the title says. Fun little forum related games and threads. Come in here and have some fun!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Dice & Dragons - The Adventures of D&D.

Post by Tawmis » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:39 pm

So... as someone whose played D&D since 1978... I thought it might be fun to do a series of videos, maybe (just what I need, another hobby....)

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Dice & Dragons - The Adventures of D&D.

Post by Tawmis » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:41 pm

Be sure to put it in 1080p for best resolution!
DnD_Resolution.png

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:33 pm

I filmed and edited the second one (it's currently saving)... already wrote down ideas for a third and forth video too... thinking maybe release these once a week. I can film them, edit them, and then tell Youtube when to actually publish them. (I think Youtube has that feature for setting future publishing dates? If not, it should...) :D

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:28 am

Your 4th-grade teacher read you The Hobbit? What a lucky bunch of 4th-graders you all were. :)

They all have a buffer of -10 HPs that they can get back to. ;) "All right! I'm gonna charge the Tarrasque!":D

:lol: Have any of your PCs ever played an evil character? Or have you ever DMed for a whole party of evil characters? ;) Not "We shall do this quest, for 'tis a noble quest!" but "I'm not doing this quest until the fat merchant pays me half. Otherwise I eviscerate him and take my payment from his corpse." :P

Ever had any PCs like Brian van Hoose? Or Dave or Bob Herzog from Knights of the Dinner Table? ;)

Yes, describing a monster or a room is a very good idea. :)

"I smuggle a halberd into the party!" :lol: ;)

Mwa-ha-ha... :twisted: Suddenly I've got a mental picture of all the NPCs dancing, pointing the finger and singing "Aimee is the murderer! Nyah nyah nyah" etc. :P

Some fun stories there, Tawm. :)

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:53 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:28 am
Your 4th-grade teacher read you The Hobbit? What a lucky bunch of 4th-graders you all were. :)
Yes! So we'd always have like an hour in the class - where she'd read a book to the class. And the book she decided to read was The Hobbit.
After we finally finished it, I went and checked out the book from school - no joke - for 2 years straight. I read it a thousand times on my own, tried to copy what Tolkien wrote, rewrote some of my favorite chapters in my own words, to try and "channel Tolkien." Then in the 6th grade, my teacher was like, "Why is it taking you so long to read that book?" And I was like, "Oh, I've read it a million times!" And then he was like, "Well have you read Lord of the Rings?" -Mind Blown.- :lol:
Rath Darkblade wrote:
They all have a buffer of -10 HPs that they can get back to. ;) "All right! I'm gonna charge the Tarrasque!":D
LOL! The Tarrasque in my world is a "ultimate monster" - that's like Level 20, full party, full power kind of monster! :lol:
In my world, one of the ancient gods (before the arrival of the new gods) created it - to destroy the world.
Rath Darkblade wrote:
:lol: Have any of your PCs ever played an evil character? Or have you ever DMed for a whole party of evil characters? ;) Not "We shall do this quest, for 'tis a noble quest!" but "I'm not doing this quest until the fat merchant pays me half. Otherwise I eviscerate him and take my payment from his corpse." :P
I traditionally do not allow "Evil" characters... But in this game (for Anita's game), there is an evil character (Dragonborn - with Red Ancestry). He's agreed (as a player) not to kill everything in sight, but play his evil character with a stealthful intention. So I've been enjoying that (because there's a Red Dragon, using an illusion, providing him information to extract his revenge against the heroes of light). So it's been very subtle. But I plan to do a video about "evil" characters and the like (including doing monster characters).
Rath Darkblade wrote:
Ever had any PCs like Brian van Hoose? Or Dave or Bob Herzog from Knights of the Dinner Table? ;)
Yes. Matt, from my game with Chuck, his wife (Tammy), his sister (Sami), and her husband (Jake) and my wife - Matt is a mixture of both. Despite the number of times I've punished his character. (You'd think his character's soul being sucked out due to a trap, because he was being hasty would slow him down... or causing a magic weapon he had to explode...) But Matt comes from a world of games like The Witcher, Skyrim, etc - so he thinks strictly in hack and slash.
Rath Darkblade wrote:
"I smuggle a halberd into the party!" :lol: ;)
Heh, they could only attempt to stealth daggers to said party.
Rath Darkblade wrote:
Some fun stories there, Tawm. :)
With more to tell! I try to use examples when I talk about D&D and DMing.

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:36 pm

I'm not a big reddit person ... but to try and promote the video further... I posted over there too.
Post 01
Post 02

(Embedded posts from Reddit don't work on here) :D

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:00 pm

Second one of Dice & Dragons, by your beloved, favoritest SHP person...

Wait. What do you mean that's not me?

Well... whatever. I am still going to post it! :D

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:40 am

Dice & Dragons - Episode 03: The Absent Player.