Program Compatibility Wizard
In Windows XP, try the Program Compatibility Wizard for stubborn games.
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories and select Program Compatibility Wizard.
- Read the Welcome screen and click Next.
- Select the method by which you want to locate the older program. You can choose from a list of programs, use the program in the CD-ROM drive, or locate the program manually.
("Manually" is probably easiest since by default the games install themselves into a directory under C:\Sierra.) Click Next.
- Select the program and click Next.
- Now choose the compatibility mode based on the operating system for which the program was designed. You can select Windows 95, NT 4.0 (SP5), Windows 98/ME or Windows 2000,
or you can select not to apply a compatibility mode. Click Next.
- Select the display settings recommended for the program and click Next.
- Click Next again to test the compatibility settings.
- After the test, you'll be returned to the Wizard. You can select to set the program to always use these settings or try different compatibility settings. Click Next. Click
From WXPNews weekly newsletter
You can help keep The Sierra Help Pages alive by helping to defray some of the costs of hosting this site. If it has been
of help to you, please consider contributing to help keep it online.
Home | Sierra Game Help
| Walkthroughs | Hints, Tips & Spoilers
| Utilities | Links
| Forums | Search
© 2006 to present The Sierra Help Pages. All rights reserved. All Sierra games, artwork and music © Sierra.