Manhunter: New York Walkthrough
- Go to the Hospital. Take a good look at the dead dude. His name is Reno Davis. Look him up in the Info selection from MAD.
- Go to the Bar. Play the Video Game. The first time, some dudes will drag you away and make you chuck knives between a guy's fingers. This takes practice, but
can be done. When you accomplish this, play the game again. This time, make a COMPLETE map of the maze, including the location of the little squares. If you
have trouble, use graph paper. The map is important.
- Go to The Park where the bathrooms are. Go to the ladies room (on the left) and go to the very last toilet on the right. Sit on it and flush it three times.
- Ok, this sewer you're in now, this is the maze from the arcade game. Every square in your map is a key card. Get EVERY Key Card before you leave the maze.
Pay CLOSE attention to your map. When you get to the cave with the dock, make SURE you get the medallion from the dock.
- Go to Coney Island. Play Kewpie Doll Baseball. Hit the Dolls in this order:
1. Top row, third doll.
2. Middle Row, second doll.
3. Bottom Row, last doll.
When the guy looks at you funny, show him the medallion. He'll give you a data card.
At the end of each day, MAD will ask you for the names of your suspect(s). I have found that it doesn't make a difference what you put, but the best names to
use are probably Phillipe Cook, Harvey Osborne, Anna Osborne, and Harry Jones.
End of Day One.
- Go to your Tracker and track the other two dudes that were with the original guy you were tracking. One goes to the Museum and one to the Park.
- Go to the Wretched Excess Nightclub. Go around into the alley. This next arcade sequence is pretty self explanatory. You don't really need to save the game
here because of the fact that they let you keep doing the same thing over and over again even though you keep dying. When you make it through here, though, it
may be a good idea to save. Once you're in the Nightclub, take a closer look at the people. When you get to the screen where you're looking the backs of people's
heads and the rock group, take a closer look at the only person that has a brown robe on, on the left half of the screen. When you get knocked over, a keycard
will fall onto the ground. Before the bouncer can grab you and throw you out, grab the keycard. You should now have a total of 13 keycards between this one and
the sewer maze.
- Go to Central Park. You'll notice that if you point the arrow up and start moving to the left or right, the arrow will blink off and on. This means that there
isn't just ONE screen above here, each time it's blinking on and off you're traveling to a different ANGLE. So instead of three possible ways to go from this
screen, there are actually about 15.
FIRST SCREEN: Get the arrow to be pointing right but be as far down as you can get it. Move it up twice. It should still be facing right. Hit Enter.
SECOND SCREEN: Line the arrow up with the path straight ahead of you facing up. Move it to the left twice. Hit Enter.
THIRD SCREEN: Line the arrow up with the path facing right, just below the tree. Hit Enter.
FOURTH SCREEN: Get the arrow to line up with the path straight ahead of you facing up. Move it to the left four times. Hit Enter.
FIFTH SCREEN: Get the arrow as far to the right as you can get it and still be facing up. Move it to the left once. Hit Enter.
SIXTH SCREEN: Get the arrow to be facing left but as far up as you can get it. Hit Enter. Pick up the crowbar. You should now be back at the fifth screen
you were just at. Make the arrow face down and Hit Enter. Now you're at the previous screen. Make the arrow be pointing up but as far left as you can get
it. Now move it twice to the right. Hit Enter. For this screen, make the arrow be pointing right but as far up as you can get it. Hit Enter. For this screen,
get the arrow to be pointing up just left of the monument. Move it to the left 5 (if not 5, 6) times. Hit Enter. You should now see a dead dude. Take a close
look at the papers around him, and at his face.
- Go to your Mad Info. Look up Harvey Osborne.
- Go to Harvey Osborne's House, near the museum. Look in the shopping bag and get the key. Push the button. This game has quite a body count, doesn't it? Take
a look at the bitch, push the button again, and leave.
- Go back to your tracker and watch the guy that goes to the museum. Make a map of where he went. You CAN NOT mess up at the museum. You need every key card,
- Go to the museum. Go around to the locked glass doors and use the keys. Use your map to get through the museum, up to the fourth floor where the dude's signal
stopped. When you use a keycard to open a door, you must pass through the door QUICKLY, or it will close. When you get to the big wooden door, use the crowbar.
When the dragon starts to run after you, use the medallion. He'll remove the wood and you can go through. When you get to the dead dude, take a close look at
the map on the wall and at the dead dude. Take the Module out of his hands.
End of Day Two
- Go to the cemetary. There's nothing you need here, but the sight of the dead orb with the spear through him is worth going.
- Go to the Church. Go to the set of candles ob the left. Light them in this order.
1) Top Row, first candle.
2) Middle Row, third candle.
3) Bottom Row, fourth candle.
Take the Module out of the compartment. Extinguish the candles.
- Go to Abdul's Pawn Shop. Take a closer look at him. Buy the badges in this order.
1) The Cross
2) The one near it that looks like one vertical line, with a bunch of horizontal lines extending out of it to the right, the longest one being the one on
3) The Star
You should now fall through a trap door and land in a secret room with a painting and a door. Take a closer look at the painting. You will be prompted to
enter a code. The correct code will let you pass to the next room, each one identical to the first. The codes are as follows:
You should now see a dead body (Yes, ANOTHER dead body). Take a close look at this one two. Go around the corner and you should see a dude standing on a
ladder leading to a manhole. He'll jump down and try to stab you. This section is similar to the punks in the alley behind the nightclub. When you punch him
and he runs away, pick up the piece of paper he drops.
It reads: 843769
Climb up the ladder.
- Go to the theatre in Times Square. Go to the room on the right and remove the picture on the left of the wall facing straight ahead of you.
The code is (yep, you guessed it):
Take out the paper. It reads:
- Go to your MAD Info. Look up Harry Jones.
- Go to Harry Jones's House, it's on the southern tip of Manhatten. Go over to the radio, and smash it with the crowbar. Remove the Module.
- Go to your MAD Info. Look up Phillipe Cook.
- Go to The Empire State Building. Go to the computer and turn it on.
The password is (yep, you guessed it):
Select Site Alpha, and switch the robot from Special Detail (or whatever) to Hall Patrol. Quit the computer.
End of Day Three
- Go to the hospital. The Robot should not be gurading the door anymore. Go through the door. Don't worry about being caught and thrown in the room with pile
of bones. Use the crowbar on the window. This is what it means to be "transfered to Chicago." Now wait until the guard, the orb, and the other robot
leave the room. Take a closer look at the machine. Take Module D. The switch goes up and down, as well as the middle stopped position. Fix it so that the belt
goes left, away from the People-Smasher. Climb up the ladder and you'll pass out of the room via the conveyer belt. Now, just what we all needed, another arcade
sequence. This one is a mother, but not as hard as the punks outside the nightclub (at least we didn't think so). When you get through it, you'll wind up falling
out a window and landing outside the hospital.
- Go to Grand Central Station. Take a look at the three little windows at the lower left side of the screen. Use the crowbar. Climb through the window and enter
the ship. First press the upper left button (the only button you're allowed to press at all so far). You now have access to the three square buttons on the bottom
of the screen and the three other assorted buttons above it. Now press the middle square button. After the little scene with the guard robots is over, press
the upper middle button with the little screen. Now press the button just to the right of it. Now press the right square, and then the left square. Manuever
the ship out through the hatch in the upper right wall.
- This maze is so easy I'm not going to take you through it. You got this far, you can make it through here without my help.
- After you come up through the bathrooms at the park, see Philippe getting into his ship, and it says, "Meanwhile, back in your cockpit...", take
a closer look at the screen.
- You're now flying around New York. You must drop bombs on Sites Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta. It doesn't matter in which order. First go to the Statue of
Liberty. See the big island with the star where the Statue should be? Guess again, it ain't there. See the two small islands to the left? Go to the lower left
island. Press Enter to Drop the Bomb. Try to hit the colored square on the island. You may have to experiment. Next go up to the screen with the Hospital, The
Empire State Building, and Grand Central Station. You now have to contend with Philippe. Don't let him touch you, if he does you've got a problem. Drop a bomb
on the Empire State Building. If you don't remember where it is, load in a game where it's a location on your map, and take a note of where it is. Next, drop
one on Grand Central Station. Finally, on Bellevue Hospital. If you mess up with even ONE bomb, let Phil kill you and start over, you need all four to hit their
targets. As I said before, this exact order isn't necessary, but I went from hardest to hit to easiest to hit, so you don't hit all the easy ones and mess up
on the hard ones after all that work.
You've now done all the typing and keypressing necessary. All that remains is to watch the ending sequences and tell all your friends that you "solved"
Manhunter: New York.
You can help keep The Sierra Help Pages alive by helping to defray some of the costs of hosting this site. If it has been
of help to you, please consider contributing to help keep it online.
Home | Sierra Game Help
| Walkthroughs | Hints, Tips & Spoilers
| Utilities | Links
| Forums | Search
© 2006 to present The Sierra Help Pages. All rights reserved. All Sierra games, artwork and music © Sierra.